Full Tummy

Come join me in seeing and tasting food the way I do, take a sniff with me and enjoy the flavors like I do.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Menu for the week of Nov 6 - Nov 10

Here is something new about me that my fellow bloggers didnt know so far. I am a Bollywood dance teacher. Yes - the bollywood kinds. This takes up a lot of my time. I teach for 2 hours each on two weekday evenings, after my regular work day. So I dont get any time to prepare a healthy meal on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as I am not home until 9pm !

But this is the last week of classes... the big dance show is this weekend. So its the last week until January when I need to plan really well for the week day menus.. So here we go...

Monday Oct 30:
(I have 2 hours to cook)
- Aloo - zuchhini sabzi
- Guvar with chana dal from Indira's blog
- Paalak Saag (for Tuesday)
- Asparagus sabzi (for Tuesday)
- Eggplant raita (added to the menu on husband's request)
- Toor dal - Sada Varan
- Rice
- Also bake Cranberry Nut Bread for breakfast for the week
- Husband to cut apples and pears and make juice

Tuesday Oct 31: (No time to cook)
- Left overs

Wednesday Nov 1: (No time to cook)
- Leftovers
- Husband to make fresh dal: sada varan
- Husband to make rice

Thursday Nov 2: (30 minutes to cook)
- Borscht soup
- Garlic bread
- Cut carrots and make carrot juice

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Indira said…

    Bollywood dance teacher? Wow! You must be fit as fiddle.:)
    Do you teach/own a dance academy, Alison?

    Planning menu ahead is a great idea when you are short on time. I also got some ideas from your week menu. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Alison,

    Even though i dont have my own blog, i love cooking new dishes. I also plan a week's menu in advance, both lunch and dinner. I am a stay at home mom and this helps with the grocery shopping and having a variety of dishes each week.

    bye
    vimmi

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home