Full Tummy

Come join me in seeing and tasting food the way I do, take a sniff with me and enjoy the flavors like I do.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

When I came across Saffron Trail's Weekend Breakfast Blogging #6 - WBB#6 - a Twist in the Plate, I thought a L O T !!! I had no clue what to make for it. I do a lot of changing of recipes, usually to make them healthier and more nutritious, but this needed something regular turned into something really not regular!

Ahh... and then I knew it... we have these "pancakes" at least twice a month at home for breakfast. Cottage Cheese pancakes. What better to submit for A Twist in the Plate than this dish.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

This is my submission for Saffron Trail's WBB# 6: A Twist in the Plate

1 big tub (approx. 500g) low-fat cottage cheese (I use the fruited ones - peach / pineapples)
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/4 tspn of baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs (I use 1 full egg, and 1 egg white)
4 tablespoons white flour
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour (can replace this with regular flour too)

Yield: 8 small pancakes

Lowfat Pineapple Cottage Cheese

1. Mix all the ingredients other than the flours in one big bowl.
2. Keep adding the flour a couple of tablespoons at a time, and keep mixing. The consistency you want to reach is that of a lump that is coming together, and not liquid-y.
3. Heat a griddle on Medium High, and drizzle with canola oil.
4. Scoop out small pancake size thin dough and cook on that side for 2-3 minutes. Turn, cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes. These do turn more black than brown, but they dont taste burnt.
5. Serve with home made fruit preserves.

Sizzling on the griddle


Ready to serve

1 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Mallugirl said…

    Very interesting.. I never cooked with cottage chhese, just end up eating it with preserves, so this is good.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home