Full Tummy

Come join me in seeing and tasting food the way I do, take a sniff with me and enjoy the flavors like I do.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Coconut pudding with split yellow peas

I am not a big fan of coconut, in fact I really dont like it much. But, I have a sweet tooth, in fact 28 of them ;-) So coconut with sugar is totally acceptable to me !! But I like my sweets a little less sweet than the regular American or Indian fare.

Coconut Pudding with Split Yellow Peas

My entry to My Dhaba's Virtual Cooking Competition: VCC Q3 2006.

1/2 cup corn starch
1.5 cups cold water
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons split yellow peas (matar dal)
2/3 can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons milk

Corn Starch, Coconut milk, Split Yellow peas

1. Boil the split yellow peas tell tender-ish. Should not get mushy. When you pick out and eat one, it should still have a bite feel to it.
2. Mix corn starch with the cold water using a whisk in a stainless steel pan. When lump free, put it on medium heat. Keep stirring constantly.
3. Add sugar, coconut milk and regular milk.
4. After around 10-15 minutes of being on heat, it will start thickening up into a more transparent and glossy thing. Add the peas at this point, and keep stirring with a spoon now, as a whisk will not hold in this consistency any longer.
5. When it is at a spoonable consistency, spoon it out into a 1 inch thick layer into any container. I use the mini-muffin baking pan.
6. Referigerate for 2-3 hours.
7. Run a knife along the edge of each mould and the cocunut jewels will come out easily!

Coconut pudding jewels resting in their moulds


Coconut pudding with split yellow peas


1 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger vkn said…

    WOW! Another winner entry here! Looks so tempting ones. Thank you participating at VCC Alison. See you at the show!

    vkn
    My Dhaba

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home